True Love

In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.

1 John 4:9

What is Romance P.S.?

Romance P.S. is an entertainment blog about two of my very favorite things — movies and books.

The title actually stands for Romance with the page and screen so it's not just about romance alone but all kinds of movies and books. Though I will confess that my favorites always seem to be romances in some way ;)


Get a FREE 30 day Trial of Prime

* Instantly watch over 40,000 movies and TV episodes

* Borrow Kindle books FREE

*Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs

* Get unlimited FREE two-day shipping (no minimum order size)




Follow Romance P.S.


            



Follow on Bloglovin

Link to Romance P.S.

Download the button above and link to
http://www.romanceps.blogspot.com


If you contact me and let me know that you have linked to RPS I will add a link to your blog on my blog list!

My Blog List



March 31, 2014

Movie Review: Xmen Origins Wolverine




Stars: Hugh JackmanLiev SchreiberLynn CollinsTaylor Kitsch, and Ryan Reynolds

Movie Blurb: Two mutant brothers, Logan and Victor, born 200 years ago, suffer childhood trauma and have only each other to depend on. The two become life long soldiers fighting in war after war through U.S. history. In modern times, a U.S. colonel, Stryker, recruits them and other mutants for an elite team for what turns out to be questionable purposes. Logan quits leaving it all behind for the quiet peaceful life of a logger in Canada, where he falls in love with a local school teacher. But Stryker isn't through with the Wolverine yet and when Logan refuses to rejoin Stryker's crew, the colonel sends the murderous Victor after him to bring him back. 

Review: Here is what many fans including myself had been waiting for the chance to find out the back story of Logan a.k.a Wolverine. So many questions were left open in the first three Xmen movies about Wolverine and how he became what he was. And since he is suffering from amnesia and could remember nothing about his past but painful flashbacks, most fans (who again like me) weren't avid followers of the comics had many more questions about his character than we had answers regarding his very elusive past. This movie will fill in pretty much all of the blanks for you. We follow Logan from being a very young boy through adulthood and all the through the circumstances that lead to him becomine involved with the Weapon X program and how he became the Wolverine with that seemingly indestructible Adamantium skeleton. 

We also get to see several of the relationships that majorly shape his life throughout the movie. Victor a.k.a Sabertooth...and just how close they were only to become bitter enemys later in life...as well as several other characters that we come to know better in later movies too (Cyclops, Emma Frost, Gambit, and Charles Xavier all make an appearance). 

I won't go into a lot of detail about what happens, because in doing so I would ruin parts of the movie for those that haven't gotten to see this one yet. But I personally loved this movie. In fact it just might be my favorite Xmen movie so far. I know that for some reason a lot of Xmen fans had very negative reviews for this one and I personally can't see one reason why. The story to me was very well written, the acting by all actors was superb, and it laid the very firm ground work for why Wolverine is the way he is. Maybe it had something to do with the comic books and the way the backstory was done in them I don't know. Although I am an Xmen fan I hasten to say that I am a fan of the movies and the Xmen cartoon that came on back in the 80's. I am not nor have I ever been a fan of the comics themselves, so maybe some of the rabid comic fans took acception to the movie conficting with things in the comics. I know some do that no matter what the movie so maybe that was the reason why some hated this one. That is the only thing I can think of why some didn't like the film.

Hugh Jackman was simply outstanding, and yes he is outrageously handsome in this one ladies. He to me IS Wolverine now. He has become the complete embodiment of the character and I can't imagine another actor playing him at this point. He is perfect in the action sequences, tender in the scenes with Kayla, and perfect as the pained anti-hero we have all come to love. Don't think of this as some corny comic book flick it's much deeper than that. It's a very good action packed movie that the whole family from pre-teens and up will enjoy. 



Several kisses. Logan and Kayla are shown in bed together but nothing happens accept talking.


Rated: 

For extreme action and violence. 





Buy your copy here:




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful! No foul language of any kind will be permitted! If your comment contains cursing it will be deleted and could cause you to be banned from all further comments.