True Love

In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.

1 John 4:9

What is Romance P.S.?

Romance P.S. is an entertainment blog about two of my very favorite things — movies and books.

The title actually stands for Romance with the page and screen so it's not just about romance alone but all kinds of movies and books. Though I will confess that my favorites always seem to be romances in some way ;)


Get a FREE 30 day Trial of Prime

* Instantly watch over 40,000 movies and TV episodes

* Borrow Kindle books FREE

*Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs

* Get unlimited FREE two-day shipping (no minimum order size)




Book Reviews Coming Soon

How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire
Vampire Mine
Heart of Glass
Si-cology 1: Tales and Wisdom from Duck Dynasty’s Favorite Uncle
True to the Law
Forgive the Wind
Crystal Passion
Lessons in Loving A Laird
The Rebel's Kiss
Good Call: Reflections on Faith, Family, and Fowl
The Women of Duck Commander: Surprising Insights from the Women Behind the Beards About What Makes This Family Work
Evie (Mail-Order Brides of the West #2)
Bride Of A Scottish Warrior
The Arrow
Skin Deep
The Time Traveler's Wife
Highlander Unchained
Mr. Miracle: A Christmas Novel
Pleasing the Pirate
Trapped at the Altar

Follow Romance P.S.


            



Follow on Bloglovin

Blog Archive

Link to Romance P.S.

Download the button above and link to
http://www.romanceps.blogspot.com


If you contact me and let me know that you have linked to RPS I will add a link to your blog on my blog list!

My Blog List



July 1, 2014

Book Review: Extreme Exposure by Pamela Clare


Book 1 in the I-Team Series

BLURB: It's been years since her child's father dumped her, and since then investigative reporter Kara McMillan has kept men at bay—although every day she aches more for a lover's touch. But to get that, the hard-boiled journalist must become vulnerable—a feeling she vowed never to have again.

With his dangerous good looks, charm, and power, Senator Reece Sheridan could have just about any woman he sets his piercing eyes on. But he’s intrigued by only one. This Kara, this gutsy investigative reporter, has a sensuality that arouses him to no end. If she’s a firebrand in print, he guesses, she must be just as fiery in bed…

But this is no fling. A sudden political scandal—and attempts on Kara's life—could very well drive them apart. Or maybe, just maybe, adversity could draw them into a bond even more intense than their steamy sexual embraces…



REVIEW: OK what I am about to say here is highly unusual for me it's extremely rare that I ever even pick up a straight contemporary novel without there being a paranormal twist to it. I just as a rule do not like contemporary novels at all I mean I live in these times and when I read I want to escape the world I live in and go somewhere fresh and new. However, I had read and thoroughly loved Pamela Clare's historical books so when I learned that she did a contemporary series I bit the bullet and decided I would give them a shot as well. And man am I glad that I did! I LOVED this novel could not put it down I lost so much sleep for several nights there because I literally couldn't put the book down. This one was a thrill ride from start to finish. Believable and wonderful characters that I would love to have friends like in my own life, (accept for her boss what a JERK) and romance and sex that would make any girl drool in envy. Pamela Clare is without a doubt in my mind one of the best author's I have ever had the pleasure to read. I have yet to get a book of hers that I didn't love and put on my keeper shelf.

Kara McMillan is an ace investigative reporter for the Denver Independent, and known for going the extra mile to nail the stories and the criminals she reports on. And although she is lonely Kara has shied away from men after the father of her child abandoned them both after she found out she was pregnant four years earlier. But things start to heat up when she bumps into handsome (and more sexy than anyone has a right to be) Senator Reese Sheridan while out with friends at a local restaurant. After having too much to drink, she makes quite the impression on Reese when the tequila gives him a glimpse at the sexy passionate woman that hides under the steely facade of the levelheaded reporter he knows that he just has to learn more about this fascinating and beautiful woman. From the moment they touch mutual desire and passion erupt and Kara is quickly faced with the terrifying question is she willing to take a chance and let her guard down enough to fall in love with the smart, sweet, and just all around great guy that is Reese Sheridan. (If all men were like Reese ohhhhhhh what a happy world we women would live in! A man that actually cooks for his lady, refuses to let her lift a finger, then massages her feet, and ravishes her on the couch. (*Dreamy sigh sign me up for that please!*)

But all is not sweetness and light and Kara's life is forever changed when an anonymous informant contacts her about a nearby industrial plant that is committing horrible environmental violations that are putting countless lives in danger. When she begins to investigate company things quickly turn ugly and she soon finds herself and her young son in mortal danger from people who will stop at nothing to silence Kara and the story forever. Can Reese protect Kara and her son from the madmen who are out to get her. Or will her big story be the very thing that could spell the end of her?

Exciting, Sexy, action packed, and so funny that I found myself literally laughing out loud several times, you do not want to miss this one! And it gets even better because this is only the first book in this series.











0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful! No foul language of any kind will be permitted! If your comment contains cursing it will be deleted and could cause you to be banned from all further comments.