True Love

In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.

1 John 4:9

What is Romance P.S.?

Romance P.S. is an entertainment blog about two of my very favorite things — movies and books.

The title actually stands for Romance with the page and screen so it's not just about romance alone but all kinds of movies and books. Though I will confess that my favorites always seem to be romances in some way ;)


Get a FREE 30 day Trial of Prime

* Instantly watch over 40,000 movies and TV episodes

* Borrow Kindle books FREE

*Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs

* Get unlimited FREE two-day shipping (no minimum order size)




Follow Romance P.S.


            



Follow on Bloglovin

Blog Archive

Link to Romance P.S.

Download the button above and link to
http://www.romanceps.blogspot.com


If you contact me and let me know that you have linked to RPS I will add a link to your blog on my blog list!

My Blog List



August 4, 2014

Quick Review on OUTLANDER the Starz Series




I don't have a lot of time right now but I did want to post a quickie review of the new Starz series coming on Aug. 9th. (I will be doing a longer review after that date spoilers you know...) But for the lucky fans in the U.S. Starz had mercy on us all and released the first episode in the series on Saturday for free to get everyone hooked! If you missed it Sat. you can still see it for a limited time HERE.

I have to start by saying that after the fiasco that so many have made before in books moving to the screen this one had me very worried in many ways, because it is one of my all time favorite books. So when I heard that Starz was going to produce it as a full length series it was a bit of a double edged sword. Part of me was ecstatic that we would finally see Jamie and Claire in the flesh as it were on film after 23 long years of waiting. While another part of me shivered that they might totally butcher it like so many others have been done in the past. If you are a fan of the series you know exactly what I mean! There had to be some very special people indeed to embody James Alexander Malcolm MacKenzie Fraser and Claire Beauchamp Randall Fraser or it just wasn't going to work!

I am happy to say that Starz has done "Herself" Diana and the fans extremely proud if the first episode was any indication of the rest of the series! I was very, very well pleased with pretty much all the main characters and exactly how much the series was true to the book. It is most definitely Outlander no doubt! And I am much more at ease and looking even more forward to it than I was before after the first episode!

So for all you Outlander fans as Jamie would say "ye needn't be scairt" to try it! They have done a good job and you will LOVE it! I sure did! I absolutely can't wait for the next episode!!! And here are some screen caps to wet your appetites until then...











1 comment:

  1. I too enjoyed the first episode. I was so hesitant to see who they cast for those two most important roles: Jamie and Claire. I'm warming up to them. Sam, as Jamie, is indeed very fetching. However, I'll have to see a bit more of Caitriona in the role of Claire. Don't get me wrong, she is beautiful. She's just quite a bit 'slimmer' than the Claire I envisioned from the book. Hollywood strikes again.

    ReplyDelete

Please be respectful! No foul language of any kind will be permitted! If your comment contains cursing it will be deleted and could cause you to be banned from all further comments.