True Love

In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.

1 John 4:9

What is Romance P.S.?

Romance P.S. is an entertainment blog about two of my very favorite things — movies and books.

The title actually stands for Romance with the page and screen so it's not just about romance alone but all kinds of movies and books. Though I will confess that my favorites always seem to be romances in some way ;)


Get a FREE 30 day Trial of Prime

* Instantly watch over 40,000 movies and TV episodes

* Borrow Kindle books FREE

*Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs

* Get unlimited FREE two-day shipping (no minimum order size)




Book Reviews Coming Soon

How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire
Vampire Mine
Heart of Glass
Si-cology 1: Tales and Wisdom from Duck Dynasty’s Favorite Uncle
True to the Law
Forgive the Wind
Crystal Passion
Lessons in Loving A Laird
The Rebel's Kiss
Good Call: Reflections on Faith, Family, and Fowl
The Women of Duck Commander: Surprising Insights from the Women Behind the Beards About What Makes This Family Work
Evie (Mail-Order Brides of the West #2)
Bride Of A Scottish Warrior
The Arrow
Skin Deep
The Time Traveler's Wife
Highlander Unchained
Mr. Miracle: A Christmas Novel
Pleasing the Pirate
Trapped at the Altar

Follow Romance P.S.


            



Follow on Bloglovin

Blog Archive

Link to Romance P.S.

Download the button above and link to
http://www.romanceps.blogspot.com


If you contact me and let me know that you have linked to RPS I will add a link to your blog on my blog list!

My Blog List



September 25, 2014

Interview and Giveaway with Author Caroline Fyffe


JennJ: Today we have the wonderful Caroline Fyffe joining us! Hello Caroline! How are you my dear? It’s so good to have you here today! :)

Caroline: I’m thrilled to be here, Jennifer. It’s been a long time coming and I thank you for your patience. 


JennJ: Caroline could you please start by tell us a little about yourself for those who maybe aren't familiar with you and books?

Caroline: Sure! I grew up in a family of five girls, me being the youngest. We were all horse crazy and would do just about anything to be around, or ride a horse. Three of us grew up to be in a horse related field. For the first 20 years of my marriage I was an equine photographer and photographed stallions on farms and worked horse shows. Some of my pictures can be found on www.carolinefyffephoto.com


JennJ: Could you please tell us about your latest release? 

Caroline: I’d be happy to tell you about West Winds of Wyoming. It’s book three of the Prairie Hearts Series. Book one; Where the Wind Blows began my publishing career in 2008 and was followed by Before the Larkspur Blooms. I’m really excited for fans to read West Winds of Wyoming!

  
JennJ: You have several series available can you tell us a little about each of them?

Caroline: My series I mentioned in the last question centers around a couple in Wyoming, and then the town they settle in which is called Logan Meadows. My McCutcheon Family Series is set in Y Knot, Montana Territory, 1883. It’s about a large ranching family, and also incorporates a sub-series called Mail-Order Brides of the West. It sounds confusing, but it’s really not.


JennJ: Was it always your dream to become an author or what did you want to be when you were growing up?

Caroline: No, I had no aspirations at all to be a writer when I was young. That came much later in life after I married and had my little boys. 


JennJ: What kind of research do you do for your books? Do you enjoy the research process or no?

Caroline: I love research, but I don’t do it when I’m writing. Writing time is reserved just for that. If I come upon something that needs indepth study, I do that when I’m finished for the day. Make notes and where I got the information. Try to check more than one reference, if I can. It’s amazing the things one can find out. I always feel like a detective.


JennJ: Do you listen to music while you are writing, and if so what music is it? 

Caroline: Absolutely! I listen to easy listening, and have come to know many of the songs that are not that well-known. Certain pieces can really help if I’m writing something emotional.


JennJ: If you could be any of your characters – Who would you be? And why?

Caroline: I would be Charity McCutcheon—because I love all her brothers, especially Luke. They all treat her really well and she has a special relationship with each one. AND because I LOVE Brandon Crawford, her long time darling she finally married in MOON OVER MONTANA!


JennJ: If you could travel back in time to any period and place where would it be and when? (And do you think you would have any trouble blending in, in that different time?) 

Caroline: Since I’ve done so much writing about the old west, I would go there. Probably Montana or California. I do think I could fit in...


JennJ: Is there a genre of book and/ or setting or both that you would like to write but haven't yet? 

Caroline: I would like to try a first person contemporary, just because I really like reading them. It seems like it would be fun. I just need to find about ten more hours in a day to do all the things I’d like to do.
  

JennJ: A lot of authors now a days write under several pen names do you now or have you ever written under a pseudonym?

Caroline: Never.


JennJ: What characteristics make up the perfect hero and heroine to you and why?

Caroline: Smart, capable, and funny. They don’t have to be classically beautiful or handsome, but can be. They do have to have the three above-mentioned qualities to carry a whole book!


JennJ: Do you find it difficult at times to write love scenes, how do you handle those?

Caroline: Not really, but only because my books are sweet. They do have love scenes that are alluded to or just about to happen. The reader knows what has transpired, but I don’t describe it moment by moment. My first book is the only one that has a scene where my hero and heroine make love, but it would be considered very tame by today’s standards.


JennJ: And if you had the chance which character or characters from your own books would you like to have dinner with? 

Caroline: I’d love to dine with John Jake McCutcheon. He’s just another character of mine that I have a pretty big crush on. Haha…. He has a dinner scene in TEXAS TWILIGHT in the Lillian Russell Room. That’s an actual place I used to work at when I was in college—but not in Texas. It had beautifully painted young woman scantly clothed. 
  
JennJ: Since Romance P.S. stands for romance with the page and screen can you tell us some of your favorite movies? 

Caroline: Of course! Anything Kevin Costner does, but especially Dances with Wolves and Open Range. Love 3:10 to Yuma even though it’s very violent. My opening stagecoach scene in TEXAS TWILIGHT was inspired when I was watching that while running on the treadmill. J Legends of the Fall, the new True Grit, Appaloosa and Tombstone…to name a few!
  

JennJ: Do you ever use real life actors or actresses as how you see your characters when you write in your head? I know I personally see them as the main characters a lot in the books I read when I’m reading them so I was just wondering if authors do that as well when they are writing them? 

Caroline: No, I haven’t done that….


JennJ: Can you share any future book plans with us? Can you give us a tiny preview of what’s ahead? 

Caroline: Sure! I’ve just started Montana Snowfall, book 7 of my McCutcheon Family Series, and it stars Roady. If any of your readers have read my books, they’ll  remember Roady Guthrie is the long-time cowboy who works for the McCutcheon. He’s been dancing around a story all his own for some time—and now that time has arrived. I’m not telling who (which you would know) he ends up with.


JennJ: What would be the best way for readers contact you? Do you have a website? Email address? Facebook page? Blog? Twitter? Group? 

Caroline:My website is www.carolinefyffe.com Facebook page is https://www.facebook.com/pages/Author-Caroline-Fyffe/294195897272115?ref=hl And Twitter is @CarolineFyffe


JennJ: Again thank you SO much for taking the time to be my guest day it was awesome! It’s an honor to have you as my guest here at Romance P.S. 

Caroline: Thank you, Jennifer! I so enjoyed my time here on Romance P.S.!!! GOD BLESS!


Caroline has generously offered to give away two e-copies of
Moon Over Montana!


Enter for your chance to win below! :)

4 comments:

  1. Hi Caroline! This was a great interview! Loved hearing which character you would be. I can't wait for Roady's story! For anyone who hasn't read Caroline ' s books, they are a must read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning, Anna! Your happy spirit and enthusiasm always bring a smile to my face! Thank you for that! I'm on chapter three of Montana Snowfall (AKA Roady's Story) and hope to be finished in December... Thanks for stopping by!! xoxo

      Delete
  2. I enjoy all of Caroline Fyffe's books. I love series, because you become one of the family just reading their stories. Her books give you the history of the time and all the scenic beauty. If you haven't read her works, you are missing out on wonderful adventures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Morning, Lisa~~I'm so happy to hear you love reading series...because I LOVE writing them. It's so easy since the families and history of the towns are already set up. I do have to be careful because I have three western towns going; Y Knot in Montana, Logan Meadows in Wyoming, and Rio Wells in Texas!! You'd think I'd decide on one and just keep going. HAHA. I guess I like to torcher myself. Have a great day, Lisa, and thanks for stopping by!! <3

      Delete

Please be respectful! No foul language of any kind will be permitted! If your comment contains cursing it will be deleted and could cause you to be banned from all further comments.