True Love

In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.

1 John 4:9

What is Romance P.S.?

Romance P.S. is an entertainment blog about two of my very favorite things — movies and books.

The title actually stands for Romance with the page and screen so it's not just about romance alone but all kinds of movies and books. Though I will confess that my favorites always seem to be romances in some way ;)


Get a FREE 30 day Trial of Prime

* Instantly watch over 40,000 movies and TV episodes

* Borrow Kindle books FREE

*Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs

* Get unlimited FREE two-day shipping (no minimum order size)




Book Reviews Coming Soon

How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire
Vampire Mine
Heart of Glass
Si-cology 1: Tales and Wisdom from Duck Dynasty’s Favorite Uncle
True to the Law
Forgive the Wind
Crystal Passion
Lessons in Loving A Laird
The Rebel's Kiss
Good Call: Reflections on Faith, Family, and Fowl
The Women of Duck Commander: Surprising Insights from the Women Behind the Beards About What Makes This Family Work
Evie (Mail-Order Brides of the West #2)
Bride Of A Scottish Warrior
The Arrow
Skin Deep
The Time Traveler's Wife
Highlander Unchained
Mr. Miracle: A Christmas Novel
Pleasing the Pirate
Trapped at the Altar

Follow Romance P.S.


            



Follow on Bloglovin

Link to Romance P.S.

Download the button above and link to
http://www.romanceps.blogspot.com


If you contact me and let me know that you have linked to RPS I will add a link to your blog on my blog list!

My Blog List



December 30, 2014

Crawling back from the dead...and some exciting news for me!


Well see what happens when I say I am going to do better about posting? And then what happens? WHAMO my entire family and I come down with the freaking flu! First my husband got it (he caught it at work) then I started to get it and my son quickly came down with it right after me. SO we were punny for weeks and I was even still dragging some through Christmas. I feel like I'm just now crawling my way back out into the light from being dead for weaks. SO *KNOCK ON WOOD* starting now I pray I will be able to get back to posting more again like normal without any more trouble or interruptions God willing!



One cool thing did happen I decided to check on Ancestry.com again since I haven't tried to trace any on my family trees in literally years!!! Because everytime I tried before I kept hitting big ol solid brick walls where I could find absolutely nothing on pretty much every line I had. SO I gave up and haven't tried anything with my family trees since probably around 2008 or so. But since Ancestry had a free 14 day trial I thought I would look and see if anyone else had had any luck in the last 6 years or so and lo and behold they had been very busy indeed!!! There was so much new information and the software to trace and link lines was so much better than it was the last time that I tried it that I was able to get farther on every line I have than I ever have before. I was so excited! Yes I'm a nerd but it was cool I am a huge history buff and yes kind of my family's historian it seems and I was over the moon that I was able to find so many new links and branches. I even was finally able to trace one of the lines from my Dad's mother's side of the family all the way back to the early 1400's in England so far and get this... I found that we actually have knighted noble blood on that side! NO JOKE I checked it and rechecked it and there it was it was correct...I actually have some honest to goodness knights and ladies blood coursing through my little southern veins. LOL! Now that is pretty cool you have to admit even though they are Sassenachs. ;)

Check out these coats of arms that I have found both from the Hankins and the Hungerford lines that married each other during the late 1400 and early 1500's....






I admit it I have been nerding all over the place for the last few hours since I found this and just had to share! I can't wait to see if it goes back any further and what I might find next!!!

So with that news I'm going to shut up and run back to Ancestry and see how far back I can get that line to go. Until tomorrow when I will be back with a review or two I promise! I wish you all a very good day!



1 comment:

  1. So glad you are starting to feel better! That is pretty rough, especially right at Christmas!

    I have done ancestry.com, too, it's fascinating to take a look into our past!

    I hope you have a very healthy & happy new year!

    God bless you! Net

    http://itsawonderfulmovie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Please be respectful! No foul language of any kind will be permitted! If your comment contains cursing it will be deleted and could cause you to be banned from all further comments.