True Love

In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.

1 John 4:9

What is Romance P.S.?

Romance P.S. is an entertainment blog about two of my very favorite things — movies and books.

The title actually stands for Romance with the page and screen so it's not just about romance alone but all kinds of movies and books. Though I will confess that my favorites always seem to be romances in some way ;)


Get a FREE 30 day Trial of Prime

* Instantly watch over 40,000 movies and TV episodes

* Borrow Kindle books FREE

*Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs

* Get unlimited FREE two-day shipping (no minimum order size)




Follow Romance P.S.


            



Follow on Bloglovin

Link to Romance P.S.

Download the button above and link to
http://www.romanceps.blogspot.com


If you contact me and let me know that you have linked to RPS I will add a link to your blog on my blog list!

My Blog List



April 13, 2015

Movie Review: Interstellar



Starring: Matthew McConaughey, Anne Hathaway, Michael Cain, and Matt Damon

Directed by: Christopher Nolan

BLURB: From director Christopher Nolan (Inception) comes the story of ex-pilot Cooper (Matthew McConaughey), who must leave his family and Earth behind to lead an expedition beyond this galaxy to discover whether mankind has a future among the stars.

REVIEW: Interstellar has been praised by so many as an excellent movie. I have even heard mentions of it being “the best movie I’ve seen this year, or ever” touted about. The hubby had also heard great things about it at work. So I had rather high hopes when we sat down this last week to see this one on our vacation. However I have to state that neither I nor my husband saw what all the fuss was about at ALL! This was one of the most slow moving and boring movies I’ve seen in quite a while. It’s also extremely predictable and just lackluster at best. I have no idea what other people saw that enthralled them so about this movie, but it certainly didn’t do anything for me or my family.

In the movie Earth has turned into primarily one big dust bowl that can no longer sustain adequate food supplies for its inhabitants. Matthew McConaughey’s character Cooper who is an enginer and an ex-astronaut now working as a farmer (like most everyone else because that’s what the world needs the most)…happens upon a mysterious military style base where he meets Anne Hathaway’s character Dr. Brand who is there with her Father Professor Brand (Michael Caine) and a team of others who are the remains of you guessed it NASA (shocker). NASA now is more or less an under the radar organization because the people of earth couldn’t sanction the spending of funds for space exploration when they were so desperately needing just the very essentials i.e. food etc. to survive.

Long story short… Professor Brand talks Cooper into leading a mission to space to go through a black hole to find a new galaxy where they hope to find new planets that could sustain human life for their fellow earthlings to dwell upon. (UGH haven’t we heard this concept many times before??? I’m still not getting the revolutionary umph that so many see with this.)  So off they go into the vast and distant recesses beyond our galaxy to find a new planet for everyone to migrate to. Along the way there are the usual hardships and deaths of their fellow space travelers… and I’m sorry but NOT surprising hurtles… that they must overcome along the way. I will grant you there was one or two small zingers they worked into the plot, but nothing that endured me to the film at all. And nothing that was so major to make me want to sit through the very LONG drawn out plot to the end accept I got 2 hours already invested in this I am going to slog through the other 50 to see what happens now!



Betrayal, lies, selfishness, along with selflessness and love all are thrown in, but by the end all it left me feeling was thank God that’s finally over! Along with I wish I had that 2 hours and 50 mins of my vacation back already.

If you want to enjoy a good Sci-Fi movie there are many, MANY more out there that are tons more innovative and enjoyable than this snoozer was in my opinion. Many have stated the visual effects are stunning… ah really no more so than many other films in recent years portraying space and the universe that  I have seen and actually enjoyed. The other movies also didn’t make it feel like a chore to get to the end of which this one surely did. In fact my hubby got sick of it and went and surfed the net while I finished it. For so much hype it sure didn’t live up to any of it in my book. Let me state that I am a Sci-fi fan and have enjoyed many Sci-fi and space themed movies over the years, but this definitely wasn’t one of them. Don’t fall for the hype like I did save your money and your time and see something else instead I sure wish I had!

This one only gets two stars because it did have some good special effects and I do like Matthew, but that's it. I really hated this one. 



BTW does this look like a ring of TARDIS's to anyone else?

Mostly for language and violence. There is no sensuality or sex in this one at all.

 




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful! No foul language of any kind will be permitted! If your comment contains cursing it will be deleted and could cause you to be banned from all further comments.