True Love

In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.

1 John 4:9

What is Romance P.S.?

Romance P.S. is an entertainment blog about two of my very favorite things — movies and books.

The title actually stands for Romance with the page and screen so it's not just about romance alone but all kinds of movies and books. Though I will confess that my favorites always seem to be romances in some way ;)


Get a FREE 30 day Trial of Prime

* Instantly watch over 40,000 movies and TV episodes

* Borrow Kindle books FREE

*Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs

* Get unlimited FREE two-day shipping (no minimum order size)




Book Reviews Coming Soon

How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire
Vampire Mine
Heart of Glass
Si-cology 1: Tales and Wisdom from Duck Dynasty’s Favorite Uncle
True to the Law
Forgive the Wind
Crystal Passion
Lessons in Loving A Laird
The Rebel's Kiss
Good Call: Reflections on Faith, Family, and Fowl
The Women of Duck Commander: Surprising Insights from the Women Behind the Beards About What Makes This Family Work
Evie (Mail-Order Brides of the West #2)
Bride Of A Scottish Warrior
The Arrow
Skin Deep
The Time Traveler's Wife
Highlander Unchained
Mr. Miracle: A Christmas Novel
Pleasing the Pirate
Trapped at the Altar

Follow Romance P.S.


            



Follow on Bloglovin

Link to Romance P.S.

Download the button above and link to
http://www.romanceps.blogspot.com


If you contact me and let me know that you have linked to RPS I will add a link to your blog on my blog list!

My Blog List



June 30, 2015

Stand Up Comedy DVD Review: Anjelah Johnson Homecoming



Anjelah Johnson is a comedian that I found first on Netflix. While a bit bored one day my son Stephen who is 16 now wanted to watch something funny so he was flipping through the Netflix channel on our Amazon Prime Box and said "mom is she any good?" I said "I don't know dear I actually have never heard of her before." I told him we could give it a try and if she talked dirty like a lot of the stand ups do now a days we would turn it off and try something else. Well I have to say I am so glad that we gave her a shot because this woman is clean and FUNNY! Yes the two don't have to be mutually exclusive! What a concept huh? Although most people especially Hollywood seems to think they do THEY DON'T and Anjelah proves it here.

She was for several years a Los Angeles Raiders Cheerleader before becoming a stand up comic as she talks about in her routine. And she even shows of some of her moves she's still got it I must say lol. She is also Latino and proud of it and some of her cultural jokes really had us rolling. Our personal favorites were "OH Sorry Dog", The Taco Story" (oms this one was priceless and my personal fave), and "I just got bit by a fish" but there were many more things that had us actually laughing out loud.

No I didn't agree with everything in her act (there is a couple of references to gays) but nothing to gratuitous or I would have turned it off immediately. For the most part it's totally family friendly at least pre-teens and up for sure would be fine and actually get almost all if not all the joke references I think. The only dirty word uttered at all was one, "Hell no" which was used just once and you hear much worse than that all the time on regular TV anymore on an hourly basis sadly pretty much.

My son and I now actually use some of the catch phrases from this one from time to time around the house LOL. We will go OH SORRY DOG or You Scairt me huh? Watch it and you will find yourself doing the same thing! As well as getting in some great laughs. And lets be honest we all need more laughter in our lives...especially now in these stressful times.


We really enjoyed watching this one together with my son and have actually seen it several times since because he wanted to watch it again. And I am sure we will see it again some time in the future too. So if you are in the mood for some great comedy that you don't feel like you have to wash your ears out after you watch it give her a try. We really liked it. :)



But had it been rated I would say it would be no more than PG she's very clean!



OR  


It's also available on Netflix as well if you have a subscription
to their streaming service. 








0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful! No foul language of any kind will be permitted! If your comment contains cursing it will be deleted and could cause you to be banned from all further comments.