True Love

In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.

1 John 4:9

What is Romance P.S.?

Romance P.S. is an entertainment blog about two of my very favorite things — movies and books.

The title actually stands for Romance with the page and screen so it's not just about romance alone but all kinds of movies and books. Though I will confess that my favorites always seem to be romances in some way ;)


Get a FREE 30 day Trial of Prime

* Instantly watch over 40,000 movies and TV episodes

* Borrow Kindle books FREE

*Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs

* Get unlimited FREE two-day shipping (no minimum order size)




Book Reviews Coming Soon

How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire
Vampire Mine
Heart of Glass
Si-cology 1: Tales and Wisdom from Duck Dynasty’s Favorite Uncle
True to the Law
Forgive the Wind
Crystal Passion
Lessons in Loving A Laird
The Rebel's Kiss
Good Call: Reflections on Faith, Family, and Fowl
The Women of Duck Commander: Surprising Insights from the Women Behind the Beards About What Makes This Family Work
Evie (Mail-Order Brides of the West #2)
Bride Of A Scottish Warrior
The Arrow
Skin Deep
The Time Traveler's Wife
Highlander Unchained
Mr. Miracle: A Christmas Novel
Pleasing the Pirate
Trapped at the Altar

Follow Romance P.S.


            



Follow on Bloglovin

Link to Romance P.S.

Download the button above and link to
http://www.romanceps.blogspot.com


If you contact me and let me know that you have linked to RPS I will add a link to your blog on my blog list!

My Blog List



October 15, 2015

Review of Poldark and Outlander Soundtracks


I'm not a huge music buff all right...I am SO not one of those people that feel that have to have music on all the time or something is missing. That's not me and never will be much to my husband's dismay as he is one of those people lol. However recently two soundtracks came out that I had to have and I wanted to share them with you.

First up is the Soundtrack to Poldark


The music on the soundtrack is composed by Anne Dudley and beautifully so. Both stirring and haunting at the same time her score has tons of emotional punch at every turn. There are 20 tracks in all and all are instrumental accept one which incidentally is my favorite - Medhel an Gwyns sung by the very multi-talented Eleanor Tomlinson who plays Demelza in the series. For those of you who have wondered about it YES that is her singing the songs in the series as Demelza! The woman can act and sing like a bird too! I do love the whole soundtrack but I was very disappointed that they didn't include Demelza's Song that she sang at Christmas and left everyone spellbound by (and rightly so) that one is glaringly missing from the soundtrack I have no idea why maybe there was some copyright issue but it was a big disappointment to me that it wasn't included on CD. Truthfully that is the only draw back to this wonderful soundtrack in my opinion. I have listened to it over and over again...it truly is beautiful and I think it is a must have for any Poldark fan! I know I am very happy I bought it. 

Track List

1. The Crossroads
2. Medhel an Gwyns
3. The Longest Walk
4. The Bal Maidens
5. An Army Against One Man
6. Theme from Poldark
7. Love of My Life
8. The Blue Dress
10. Liberty or Tyranny
11. Daring to Hope
12. Working the Quillet
13. Truth and Consequence
14. Where the Land Meets the Sea
15. The Carnmore Copper Company
16. Becoming Porcelain
17. A Seam of Ironstone
18. A Blood Red Moon
19. Copper and Tin
 20. Luck of the Devil


(The ONLY reason I'm not giving this one a perfect 5 stars is because they did not include Demelza's song that was a big mistake in my opinion but the rest of the soundtrack is nothing short of wonderful!)



**It's only 10.99 for the CD or 9.99 for digital download (you can also purchase the songs individually from there if you prefer)**




Secondly but certainly not last or least is Volume 1 of the
Outlander Soundtrack

(I say first volume because they have recently released another soundtrack for the second half of the first season but I haven't had the extra money to get it yet. I hope to get it soon and will review it sometime after I do.)


There are 13 tracks at in call composed by the ubber talented Bear McCreary. The songs here span the entire emotional spectrum from happy, to romantic, to sad, and yes very dramatic overtures too. I really do love this soundtrack and have listened to it numerous times since I got it several months ago. I do love Celtic music and Bear McCreary has captured the essence and romance of both the Highlands and the story of Outlander with his moving and beautiful score. It's hard to pick a favorite on this one but I think it would have to be The Wedding that one just gets me every single time! I think it's masterfully done and truly I don't see how he could have improved upon this one it's just simply awesome. This one is a MUST for any Outlander fan for sure!


Track List

1. People Disappear All The Time2. Outlander – The Skye Boat Song (feat. Raya Yarbrough)
3. Dance Of The Druids (feat. Raya Yarbrough)
4. Fallen Through Time
5. Castle Leoch
6. Comin’ Thro’ The Rye
7. The Woman Of Balnain (feat. Gillebrìde MacMillan)
8. Mrs. Fitz
9. The Losing Side Of History
10. Clean Pease Strae
11. The Marriage Contract
12. The Wedding
13. The Veil Of Time





**It's only 8.99 for the CD or 9.49 for digital download (you can also purchase the songs individually from there if you prefer)**



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful! No foul language of any kind will be permitted! If your comment contains cursing it will be deleted and could cause you to be banned from all further comments.