True Love

In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.

1 John 4:9

What is Romance P.S.?

Romance P.S. is an entertainment blog about two of my very favorite things — movies and books.

The title actually stands for Romance with the page and screen so it's not just about romance alone but all kinds of movies and books. Though I will confess that my favorites always seem to be romances in some way ;)


Get a FREE 30 day Trial of Prime

* Instantly watch over 40,000 movies and TV episodes

* Borrow Kindle books FREE

*Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs

* Get unlimited FREE two-day shipping (no minimum order size)




Follow Romance P.S.


            



Follow on Bloglovin

Link to Romance P.S.

Download the button above and link to
http://www.romanceps.blogspot.com


If you contact me and let me know that you have linked to RPS I will add a link to your blog on my blog list!

My Blog List



October 26, 2015

Review: Sam's Creed by Sarah McCarty


Book 2 in the Hell’s Eight Series

BLURB: Known for making up his own rules of right and wrong, Texas Ranger Sam "Wildcard" MacGregor takes what he wants when he wants it, especially when it comes to women. But seduction is the last thing on his mind when he stumbles across a beauty crouching in fear beside a burned-out wagon.

Isabella may look feminine and unassuming, but she's hell in a bodice with gunslinging skills to match any man's. The woman the townsfolk call "cursed" is hiding secrets too dangerous to face alone. Luckily, she sees in Sam what he can barely glimpse in himself—a virtuous man in a hard country bent on breaking him. A man who, under it all, craves a passionate woman willing to risk everything...



REVIEW: The second book in the Hell's Eight series didn't live up to the great start of the first book Caine's Reckoning in my opinion by a long shot. The difference here was Sam while he is a good man in many ways he is also a jerk in some ways too I thought and he honestly got on my nerves a few times throughout the story. 

When Sam comes a massacre and one lone alive woman among the burned out wagons he had no idea how much his life was about to change thanks to the beautiful Spanish spitfire. Isabella Montoya is on the run from a very powerful and blood thirsty man named Tejala. He is known far and wide for his brutality, derangement, and for always getting what he wants, and Tejala is determined to have Isabella for his bride. Isabella is just as determined that she will never be his no matter what she has to do to get away from him. 

Sam ever the hero takes the beautiful young woman under his protection. But as they travel along the trail together the feelings between them start to grow. Isabella comes up with a plan...Tejala wanted her for his virgin bride even knowing that he would have to rape her to ever have her. Isabella seeing what an honorable and in his own way very caring and kind man Sam is sets out to seduce Sam into taking her virginity. She wants to have her virginity be given to the man of her choosing, instead of loosing it to the filthy rape of Tejala. 

Sam refuses to take her innocence for a long time even though it just about kills him and takes every ounce of his resistance to keep from doing so. But the fire that sparks between them can't be denied for long. When the passion between them finally does win out they both know that they have irrecoverably lost their hearts to the other. 

But when Tejala and his vicious band of outlaw thugs catch up to them and kidnap Bella can Sam find her and save her in time or will Tejala take her as he wishes and then kill her before Sam can get to them?

This was a pretty good book again Sarah McCarty shows she is a great author and can spin a tale guaranteed to raise the pulse as well as keep you turning the pages to find out what happens next. However this one just did NOT live up to the greatness of the first novel in the series to me in so many ways. I was rather disappointed in that. Although I know from Sam's story that he is haunted by many tragic events in his past it has made him VERY cynical to the point he actually got on my nerves several times through out the book. I actually ended up liking Bella's character much more than Sam's overall. 

So final verdict on this one it's an ok read and I am glad I did to get a little more insight into the rest of the Hell's Eight gang. Though I was really disappointed by it I wasn't wanting my money back from the book... but I don't think I will be reading it again either. Though I do plan on reading the other books in the series...I AM very interested to read more about Tucker and Sally Mae who were introduced in this novel, and who I did like, and am looking very forward to reading their story! It sounds much more intriguing and interesting than Sam's Creed turned out to be. 

This one again lost some major points for the strong language used. This one was actually worse than the first book in that respect (I can not STAND to hear or read "GD" and that did make an appearance quite a few times) along with many other vulgar and crude words which really were not necessary to the story at all. Plus Sam also cursed at God once which ticked me off thoroughly! I honestly almost stopped reading it right there but ultimately I wanted to see what happened to Bella and the book was almost over at the time so I did finish the book to see how it all turned out.  There is also again a bit of anal sex which I personally don't like either.


This one is scorching hot! So definitely not for the prudish at all.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful! No foul language of any kind will be permitted! If your comment contains cursing it will be deleted and could cause you to be banned from all further comments.